TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: I have. I would like to make a kit for them.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: I have. I would like to make a kit for them.

Posted by induetime on July 25, 2018 at 11:52 AM
  This message has been viewed 168 times.

In Reply To Re: I have. I would like to make a kit for them. posted by ouikikazz on July 25, 2018 at 06:28 AM

Message The G series & the EFR are not exactly apples to apples.

The G updated their turbine wheel geometry finally (the old wheel was a 30 years old design) & improved their material. The turbine blades are thinner than the EFR because the material it is made from, making it light by that aspect. They are also physically small for their power output. The IWG have no release date & we should not hold our breath on the IWG either. They utilized many of the EFR technology & perks in them as well. The G series are expensive roughly $2100+ each list plus external WG, etc. One twin turbo build on an unlimited car had to change from the .72 up to the .92 turbine because the back pressure was getting to high. Some have expressed that the ratio of compressor wheel size to turbine wheel size in not optimal & that is why this particular team had back pressure problems. The G series will be much easier to fit, install & over all deal with in the engine bay. External WG will be much easier to setup.

The EFR turbine wheel is still a lighter materiel & the time to torque ("lag") should still be the fastest out of any turbo that size (I expect the G series to be the second fastest). My EFR setup made boost like nothing I have ever seen for that size turbo, it was amazing (spool of a stock turbo & power of 30R size turbo). The EFR are Big (long) & very difficult to fit in a twin turbo configuration. The EFR6258 compressor to turbine wheel size ratio is said to be the best "off the shelf" turbo that exists & that aids in its over all performance. These retail at about $1750 for the IWG which is a good bit less expensive than the G-series from Garrett, especially when you factor in external waste gate cost. The EFR I feel will spool faster. But they are a huge PITA to make fit.

I do NOT think even the biggest G25-550 will all the bells & whistles (properly tuned, with the proper amount of sensors monitoring vitals) & the biggest 0.92 ar housing will make 1,000 whp. I estimate they will be in the 900+whp range.

However the EFR 7163 on the same motor with a 0.85 ar housing will make over 1,000whp. My 6258 EFR with 0.64 ar housing made over 500whp on Arizona pump 91 octane at 14-15psi of boost, on a completely stock motor, in 90 degree weather, at 1700' elevation, with 2-3 degrees less timing that my stock turbo map (I tuned it very conservatively since I did not have knock ears or any other form of monitoring knock).

Both are very capable turbo that love high boost & continue to make boost past 10,000rpm. Both are an improvement over any of the older 28RS Garrett turbo that are out there. Both are more expensive. They are not exactly apples to apples IMHO though.

~Induetime~ "Lag Less"
First Stock Turbo to break 500WHP on boost alone (Pre-E85).
New track car project "Diseaze":
http://arizonazproject.wordpress DOT com
Custom fabrication for the Z32: search QFAB on
Facebook:
HREF="https://www.facebook.com/QFABrication/?fref=ts">La-Z-
Link

More custom fabrication: search FuturFabrication on Facebook:
HREF="https://www.facebook.com/FutureFabrication/?fref=ts">La-Z-
Link

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.